- aside from
- APART FROM, besides, in addition to, not counting, barring, other than, but (for), excluding, not including, except (for), excepting, leaving out, save (for).→ aside
* * *apart from
* * *aside fromchiefly US1 : not including (something) : with the exception of (something)
Aside from [=apart from, except for] a few pieces of bread, the food is gone.
The movie has been praised by most people, aside from a few critics who have called its happy ending trite and predictable.2 : in addition to (something) : ↑besides
Aside from being well written, the book is also beautifully illustrated• • •Main Entry: ↑aside
* * *aˈside from [aside from] preposition (especially NAmE)= ↑apart from
Aside from a few scratches, I'm OK.Language Bank:Making an exception
▪ She wrote all of the songs on the albumexcept for
▪ the final track.Apart from
▪ /aside from
▪ the final track, all of the songs on the album were written by her.
▪ The songwriting —with a few minor exceptions
▪ — is of a very high quality.
▪ With onlyone or two exceptions
▪, the songwriting is of a very high quality.
▪ The majority of the compositions are less than three minutes long,with the notable exception of
▪ the title track.With the exception of
▪ the title track, this album is a huge disappointment.
▪ Here is a list of all the band's CDs,excluding
▪ unofficial ‘bootleg’ recordings.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.